Sunday, October 02, 2005

My Classroom






I just love the look of these gas valves. Hopefully we will get the bunsen burners to go with them some day.







Terrible fluorescent light color in this picture that I can't correct because of problems with my computer that I won't bore you with. It's a decent angle, however, from which to view the room. Facing front, we have one of those cool whiteboards with sliding panels, so I can hide things, or save things since I share the room with one other teacher. To the right I have a smartboard, and if you look closely you can see the projector - unfortunately it is placed on one of those long student rows, and that's a little cumbersome, but I'm not complaining! Hey, I've got 11 freaking sinks in the room. The only legitimate complaint I have is the size of the room - there's little or no room to move around, so students will be pretty stationary and I have trouble circulating during group work. Also not much room for all the fun biology stuff like places to grow plants, a place for the aquarium, etc - very tight space. I'm going to have to look for some wall shelves or something, there's practically no floor space for tables or cabinets other than what's there already, which isn't enough. But I'm not complaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment