Thursday, March 08, 2007

Looking for a Little Anonymity

My students are starting to find my blog (among other things) thanks to google and my long-standing policy to use my real name. This has started making me a little uncomfortable, so I'm going to make it little harder for them from now on.


I've erased some of the identifying information in my profile and my posts are now attributed to "mister g." Although a few of my student actually call me that, I doubt they would think to use it in a search, and if they do they'll have to wade through 177,000 results to find me.


I don't want to make a big deal of it and I'm not planning to suddenly become a raving lunatic, railing against the board of ed or my school or my students, but I do want to feel a little freer to express opinions that I don't necessarily want my students to stumble upon - things that I generally don't say in school in my role as teacher because I don't think they are appropriate, but I may want to express on a blog targeted at adult fellow educators. It'll be interesting to see if the anonymity actually affects what and how I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment