Sunday, August 26, 2007

Are You Tone Deaf?

No, I mean literally. This was a fun online music test. Took about 15 minutes. I can't stand to hear myself sing, so maybe that in itself is a sign that I'm not actually tone deaf - I KNOW I can't sing.


The test involves listening to a series of paired musical snippets. Each pair is either identical or slightly different, and you have to identify which are the same and which are not.


Check the results of the study for a nice histogram. Potential tool for a long term study for a student project as well. It would be nice to get a better breakdown of the results - false positives vs false negatives, for example. You may be able to contact the study authors and get more details. I suspect I would do better on a second trial, but I won't explain why - it might influence your results.


Article

No comments:

Post a Comment