Sunday, September 25, 2005

Annenberg/CPB - Learner.org

I just re-discovered this resource for teachers while looking for an activity on living vs non-living things (I still haven't found one so I will probably have to make one up).


The Annenberg site contains a library of "on demand" streaming videos. Some of them are appropriate for student viewing (either in class or as homework assignments) while others are more strictly professional development videos. I'm currently watching a video on a teacher doing an inquiry (High School level) investigation of crickets. It's given me some ideas on improving my mealworm investigations, which I will post a little later.


Definitely a website worth exploring when you've got an hour or so to just sit and watch someone else teaching.


Annenberg/CPB - Learner.org Home Page


Science Page


Teaching High School Science Page (Includes Cricket Investigation)

No comments:

Post a Comment