Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Swamped

Transitioning to my new school has been unexpectedly time consuming. I'm thrilled about the school and will write more about it soon, but I'm still settling in, getting used to the new location, a new culture, and even a new curriculum - I've got a section of Health to teach now. Fun, but extra work. My classroom was still under construction the first two teacher days back, so what already ridiculously little time the DOE made available for teachers to set up was even shorter for most of the science teachers in my building (they are still putting on the finishing touches after school). On top of that, all my materials are still sitting in boxes at home. We weren't able to get a permit to come in last Saturday, so it'll have to wait till this weekend. I could bring things in during the week but I don't have a DOE parking permit yet. I expect another week of 10-12 hour days and 7 days a week working until I get my head above water here.

No comments:

Post a Comment