Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Now the Good News

At the risk of being pre-mature, I've been informed that my student blogs got the nod from the "elves" at the DOE. That means I may be able to demonstrate how to post tomorrow and a few of the intrepid may even get started over the break or sooner with their book reviews or article summaries.


In other good news, and in a completely different vein, Pitchfork has posted their annual Top *** lists. I'll post the links here, but Pitchfork has a habit of moving things around so I'll try to keep checking to make sure they work. If they break, you can find the links pretty easily from Pitchfork's homepage. First, there's the Top 100 Tracks. Up from last years "Top 50 Singles" because they've expanded the field a bit to include any track, released as a single or not, including remakes and covers - basically anything released in 2006. Then there's the Top 50 Albums, which always take a while to wade through.

Finally, the one I have browsed a little already is the Guest List - a collection of recommendations from some of the bands/artists themselves. I already fell in with Juana Molina's Son, an "alternative Latin" sound that's mesmerizing - and I thought I didn't like Latin music.

So that'll more than fill any free moments I have over the break to sit back and record some new music.

No comments:

Post a Comment