Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Posting audio files

I had hoped to let students post audio files of their voice overs - looks like I will have to do a little extra work to get that to happen. I forgot that they cannot upload a file from the comments form. So, either I make a separate post for each voice over, or I upload the audio files to my website and place hyperlinks to the uploaded files in the comments section (which is what "upload" does anyway). At any rate, I have uploaded my own voice over - I wanted to play around with the recording aspect, and see how hard it would be to actually do a voice over. Not professional quality audio, and I'm not giving up my day job, but here's how to synchronize the voice over & the animation.


Both of the links below are designed to open up new, separate browser windows. Open the animation window first by clicking the link below:


Transpiration Animation


Then open the audio file below. Change the size of the windows so that both the animation and your audio player can be accessed at the same time. I've allowed a second or so at the beginning of the audio file, so press the play button for the audio, then the play button for the animation.


transpiration.wav


You may have to let both files run their course first, then synchronize. For some reason the files run automatically when open and I've not found a simple way to stop them before they are finished.


My timing on this recording isn't perfect, and with a slight adjustment I could make it better, but it's only here for illustrative purposes, so I'll leave it as is. When student recordings are ready, I'll post a link to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment