Monday, May 17, 2004

Welcome

It is only May 17, 2004, and I am so excited about teaching Regents Living Environment next year that I am planning furiously for September. I have begun reorganizing my website- originally a teachers-only resource - to take on a dual role of continuing to provide resources for teachers and now Living Environment students.

My goals in planning are:

  • Develop a comprehensive syllabus

  • Create a list of labs

  • Prepare a list of materials needed

  • Produce an information packet for students and parents to be delivered before the end of the current school year

  • Develop a list of homework assignments for the year

  • Create an online grading system so students & parents can always have access to progress, grades, assignments, etc.

  • Develop worksheets and other templates for assignments

  • Prepare notes and PowerPoint presentations

  • Place as much material as possible on my website

This is probably a partial list, and I'm sure other ideas will pop into my head between now & September. So to the students I say, be prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment