Tuesday, June 21, 2005

At least SOMEBODY is panicking

(Besides me)


I usually get around 50-100 hits a day. I don't track this in any organized way: SiteMeter gives me free info that's pretty limited - they want me to be curious enough to pay for more detailed analysis, but I don't need it. I got a little spike in hits recently when I posted a message on a bio teachers listserv about blogging, then a link and a mention from Jenny D. provided a little bump, but here in this past week hits have been through the roof by my standards- around 700 1000 for today. Most are hit and run.





A quick look at the referring URL usually reveals a generic sort of google search for something like "regents living environment," sometimes adding "answers" is a pretty good giveaway that it is a student looking for help here in the final days before the exam. I feel bad that there's not much on this blog to help students, and maybe that's something to consider adding next year, although there are lots of other resources out there. For some reason my blog comes up pretty high on google's results for regents-related searches, so maybe I should add links in the sidebar for students to point them to the right place.

No comments:

Post a Comment