Sunday, December 18, 2005

Friday Random 10

OK. A little late, but I did post the list in my classroom on Friday. For the first time in my teaching career I have a good number of students whose musical taste overlaps at least somewhat with my own.


I don't know the origins of the FR10, but I got the idea from Pharyngula, but he hasn't done it in a while. One student in particular keeps recommending tunes to me, and I return the favor, so I though it might be a good tradition to start. The basic idea is to hit the shuffle button on your iPod and list the first 10 songs that come up. I don't have iPod, but most other digital music players will have a similar function. I just went into my laptop's library of songs and created a random 10-song playlist. Here's what I got.


1.Belle & Sebastian....Family Tree

2.Ben Folds Five.......Selfless, Cold, & Composed

3.Bryan Ferry..........Heart on My Sleeve

4.Pearl Jam............Elderly Woman Behind the Curtain in a Small Town

5.Smashing Pumpkins....Tonite (Reprise)

6.9 Inch Nails.........Head Like a Hole

7.Belle & Sebastian....Boy with the Arab Strap

8.Nirvana..............You Know You’re Right

9.Breeders.............Divine Hammer

10.Looper...............The Spider Man


Most of this is older music that I don't actually listen to so much any more - I like it, but I've heard some of this too much and haven't had time since summer to add to my library. I load a smaller number of songs onto the mp3 player, which I listen to almost exclusively while exercising, so I'm looking for a particular sound in that context.

No comments:

Post a Comment