Sunday, July 30, 2006

Links

Old Regents Exams for Practice (With Answer Keys)


Regents Prep (Oswego City Schools)


SUNY Regents Prep Live (Video Review Sessions)


This post is mainly for people searching the web for resources to prepare for the regents exams. There are also commercial outfits, such as Barrons Regents Prep that charge a fee for their review services, but I don't think they are worth the expense when you have the above referenced free resources. I would recommend a review book in addition, and personally I like the AMSCO version by Rick Hallman. I have found traditional biology textbooks by the national publishers (Holt, Prentice Hall, Glencoe, etc.) to be almost entirely useless for the regents course. Still thinking about how/whether to use them in the coming school year. Some of the diagrams and illustrations are helpful, so I may devise some assignments that involve students in analyzing those diagrams. I'm definitely through with "read the chapter and answer the questions!" (Yeah, shoulda known better...)

No comments:

Post a Comment