Sunday, May 27, 2007

i haz ben publishd

Sorry, I stumbled across this silly little web phenomenon, LOLCATS, last night and couldn't help myself.


"Published" is a short response to Michael Kinsley's review of Christopher Hitchens'book God is Not Great. I thought Kinsley botched the idea of Occam's razor. On closer inspection, he glossed over it more than botched it, discussing it in a way that, while perhaps more sophisticated, requires a lot more space to explain than he gave it. I presented what I think is a shorter and simpler version.


Not a big deal and I was frankly surprised they printed it at all. The only other letter I ever sent to a newspaper was also published a few years ago. It was a response to a Newsday article lambasting a day of science professional development put together by my then boss, the science coordinator in District 6. It was a hatchet job that had less to do with the particulars of the PD and everything to do with objection to the very IDEA that teachers should have PD days. I'm still angry about that and won't touch a Newsday paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment