Saturday, February 02, 2008

A Note

This is probably the longest stretch I've gone without posting. It's been a challenging year in terms of finding the time - or perhaps more to the point, the focus and energy -- needed to keep up with work and then set aside time to reflect on it. In all honesty I've been a little down lately, feeling a bit lost and lethargic, spending too much time procrastinating and worrying, getting by from day-to-day. I try not to let it show, and can usually turn up the energy for class and have reasonably interesting lessons and discussions with students, but during the non-teaching intervals, I'm really using time inefficiently. I may even have to start practicing some of the time- and stress-management strategies I teach to my health classes. As it is, I'm finishing up my master's project this semester and may have no choice, since I will really be in trouble if I don't get back into the swing of it. Blogging is actually a decent indicator of how things are going - If I can keep up the postings, then it's usually because things are going well and I have positive things to write about. If things are going badly, I don't want to sit here and whine about it so I just stop posting. Let's see how it goes the next couple of weeks as the new semester really kicks in. Up next, a post about the mealworm lab I wrote up this summer that needs some work!

No comments:

Post a Comment