Thursday, July 05, 2007

Paradigm Shift - ThinkFree

OK. I've decided to make the leap to an online office suite from ThinkFree. It allows me to upload my labs and other materials that I post on the blog AND it allows me to edit them online without having to go back and re-upload the files as I do now whenever I edit a document.


The only downside is that anyone wanting to use one of my documents will have to take an extra step to allow the JAVA software to be installed on their computers. Otherwise some of the formatting gets lost as the basic mode displays documents in html only, but you want them for printing to be displayed in full editing mode, as if you opened up an MSWord doc for example. You can also upload spreadsheets and powerpoint presentations. I'm moving slowly on this, and have so far uploaded only one lab, described in this post: Acid Rain Lab.

No comments:

Post a Comment