Monday, August 21, 2006

Back In The City

Short trip to the shore. I have to start planning my vacations in July. Once August rolls around all I can think of is getting ready for the new school year. Vacation should be a relaxing week or two to unwind from the previous school year, then back to work. Maybe in a few years when my program is in better shape I can think differently, but for now I need to think of August as the unofficial back to work month. I also need some time to leave the computer at home and disengage from the obsessive busy-ness of my routine - which is not necessarily productive activity, but just a constant need to be "doing" something.


SO here's a single picture of the kids at the beach. Deceptively strong waves, small and breaking very close to shore. I had difficulty wading out past the breakers to the calmer waters, and it was only about 10-15 feet from shore. There is a steep incline where water meets shore that probably explains the violence of those little waves. Kids got knocked around pretty badly and swallowed lots of saltwater. I won't even talk about my own little accident.


No comments:

Post a Comment