Thursday, August 17, 2006

Final Days

I hate to utter those words, but here we are, 19 days away from the first day back with the kiddies. I'm off to the shore for the weekend, maybe a little longer. I will be taking work with me, since I've spent so much time procrastinating this summer and vegging out in July. I should probably call it "recuperating," from a stressful (if extremely satisfying on many levels) school year. Funny thing is, I was not particularly anxious for the school year to end, but after it ended, I immediately began having anxiety over the new year beginning. A strange phenmomenon, I think.


I have got some things done this summer, if far less than my over-abmitious plans at the beginning. I'll be posting a few things in the next week or so - my lab list is practically finished and I have a folder full of more than I can possibly implement for next year, meaning I will have to prioritize. I have balance issues in that I have a lot of labs on cellular pocesses and deficiencies in a couple of other areas, but not majorly so. Still, I will not be scrambling for labs as I did last year. I am still working on the links before I post.


I've also made decisions on sequencing, which I posted here and I will begin revising my course packet. I have collected a lot of newspaper and magazine articles on various topics, which I will compile into a booklet. I won't be able to post those for copyright reasons. I do recommend purchasing a pdf maker. I use Adobe. It allows me to make pdf versions of articles I find before they disappear. Yeah, you could just print them, but I'm not a good paper organizer, and prefer electronic copies. That also allows me to post the material on my school's website and make available to students only, avoiding the copyright problem.


Finally, I need to get my student website updated, then back to school to organize everything and re-arrange and decorate the classroom. A few other odds & ends not worth listing at the moment, but I will bring them in as I get around to them. So off I go. Pictures from the coast are sure to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment