Monday, August 14, 2006

My Money-Grubbing Son

(Actual coins found on the street or in pay phones in one afternoon)
One is obsessed with frogs, the other with money. Whenever we go out his eyes are peeled for coins lying on the street. Pay phone coin returns are his slot machines (except it doesn't cost anything to play). Today he hit the jackpot as about $3.00 worth of quarters came spewing from a phone. Yesterday he hauled in about $0.75 in pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, mostly off the street - only one lucky phone quarter. (I didn't tell him about the dollar bill I found under a park bench earlier or he would have nagged me out of it!) And you should see the tortured soul when we go to the toy store - he doesn't want to spend his money but he wants toys. He usually leaves empty-handed. If only I had such self-control.

No comments:

Post a Comment