Sunday, August 06, 2006

Summer Colds Suck

I don't even know if this truly qualifies as a cold. My son had it a few days ago, almost exclusively fever (with chills) and some serious body aches - no sneezing, no sore throat, no cough, no sinus problems. I got it a couple days after he got over it. Tossing and turning all night for 2 nights in a row with aches & chills followed by profuse sweating when the acetaminophen finally kicked in.


I can only hope that my infection follows my son's progression - on the third day he woke up bragging that he felt completely better. I've missed three days of exercise, working on next year's plans, the frogs' cage needs cleaning, my kids wanted to go to the zoo, and I'm really pissed - I missed one of the nicest days of summer yesterday with low humidity and lots of sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment