Friday, August 25, 2006

Curriculum Resources at NIH

Just found this site from a recommendation on the NSTA listserv. The National Institutes of Health Office of Science Education has an incredible catalog of curriculum resources for health-related human biology - fitness, nutrition, body systems, disease, genetics, etc. I haven't explored the resources in detail yet, but I'll probably be downloading a lot. I have some previous experience with their materials on drugs and the brain, which I found to be a little too advanced for direct use in the classroom, more AP level, so I may jump down and look at their middle school materials for Regents (mostly 9th graders in my school). It's always easier for me to "smarten up" than to "dumb down" if necessary.


(Thanks Elaine, if you stumble across this post!)

No comments:

Post a Comment